Dedicated to Saint John the Baptist, the first building probably dates back to the 12th century, the present one to the 14th century and it is annexed to the Cathedral. The architectural structure is composed by an intersection of a cube and a cylinder.
Completely decorated by a cycle of frescoes by Giusto de Menabuoi with episodes of the Life of Saint John the Baptist and Life and Passion of Christ. It is considered his masterpiece and it was carried out around 1375.
Under the Carraresi Lordship it was turned into the mausoleum of the family.
Afterwards, with the coming of the Serenissima Republic of Venice, the building returned to be the Baptistery of the Cathedral.
» More Info:
Tickets: euro 3,00; reduced prices for parish groups and schools ca get reduced price; reduced price euro 2,00.
Booking is advisable for groups.
Opening hours: from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Closed at Christmas, New Year’s Eve and Easter.
Phone number 049/656914.